We’re always trying to eat a little healthier here at Promonotions, however, we do love our sweets! Here’s a great recipe for some healthier pancakes that taste great! Full disclosure, they’re not EXACTLY like regular pancakes, but are still pretty good and much better for you!
There is no processed sugar, just natural sugars, and the beta-glucan from the oats has been shown to “significantly reduce the total and LDL cholesterol [‘bad’ cholesterol] levels of hypercholesterolemic adults [those with high cholesterol] without changing HDL cholesterol [‘good’ cholesterol].”a
- 1 cup rolled oats (we like Red Tractor!)
- 2 bananas, roughly chopped
- 2 eggs (Vegans – 2 tbsp. ground chia seeds soaked in about 100mL water for 15 mins)
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (optional)
- maple syrup (to serve)
- Heat a non-stick frypan over medium heat with coconut oil
- Quickly spoon in 2 tbsp. batter and shake pan vigorously to flatten into pancake shape ( the batter is quite thick!)
- Cook each side until a light golden brown colour is achieved
- Serve with a light drizzle of maple syrup
Disclaimer: Contains gluten, eggs. May contain traces of milk, peanut, soy, tree nut sesame and sulphite. Nutritional information is approximate based on 90g Red Tractor rolled oats (approx. one cup) [gluten, traces
of milk, peanut, soy, tree nut sesame and sulphite], 240g Cavendish banana (approx. two average bananas), 100g eggs (approx. two average eggs) and 15.04mL Canadian maple syrup. This information is provided as a guide only and Promonotions accepts no liability for its validity or accuracy.